We are inviting applicants for a number of positions as a Mental Health Clinician to provide mental health care services to referred individual clients or groups.
We are looking for clinicians in the New England North West with a person-centered approach who enjoy working autonomously, but who will also contribute readily to our team. If a passion for excellence, empowerment and equality are the values you live by, we are looking for you.
One position will need to have experience and a genuine interest in mental health care in older people and will ideally be located in either Tamworth or Armidale and be servicing Barraba, Gunnedah, Quirindi, Tamworth and Walcha.
HealthWISE is a flexible employer inviting applicants who have current AHPRA or ASSA registration. These positions can be full time or part-time.
The purpose of the Mental Health Clinician role is to:
· Provide mental health care services to referred individual clients or groups of clients through Government funded programs primary mental health , as well as MBS services and privately billed clinical services These services will be provided to support General Practitioners and community members, and to facilitate the delivery of best practice care for people across the HealthWISE programs.
· Provide a comprehensive and integrated inter disciplinary approach to mental health care;
· Ensure clients are referred to the most appropriate HealthWISE mental health service in a timely manner; and
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the mental health programs and activities, with particular regard to health outcomes and cost effectiveness.
The Mental Health Clinician will possess and apply specialised clinical skills relevant to the role, will work within their scope of practice, and apply their skills, competence and training to provide a standard of services as required by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and relevant professional organisations, such as the Australian Psychological Society
· Demonstrated attitude and behaviours that are in keeping with the company’s values (empowerment, equality, client focus, community, passion for excellence, visionary, )
· Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of quality, consistent and continuous health services to local communities
· Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) in a relevant discipline, and relevant clinical experience as a mental health clinician working with adults, children and adolescents with mental health disorders.
· Membership of a professional association.
· Demonstrated competency in the delivery of evidence-based therapies in the treatment of mental health disorders.
· Demonstrated ability to provide high quality and responsive client / carer / customer service.
· Commitment to ethical practice, professional conduct and professional development.
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in the delivery of clinical services, as well as an ability to work positively and co-operatively within a inter disciplinary team environment, including with General Practitioners, Medical Specialists and Allied Health Professionals
· Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated time-management, organisational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet timeframes and manage priorities in order to meet the requirements of the role and the organisation
· Demonstrated skill and experience using a range of computer software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Current unrestricted NSW Driver’s Licence and a willingness to travel and work after hours if required.
· Experience working remotely with accountability.
· Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal people and their health
· Demonstrated understanding of Primary Health Mental Health .