Unfortunately, this job is no longer available.
Business minded Practice Manager needed for five star general practice
Administration - Management
23 Jul 2018
Ad Expiry Date
25 Sep 2018
We are seeking a practice manager to join our beautiful boutique general practice. You will ensure both the smooth day to day running of the practice and drive a process of continuous improvement, with the goal of improving both the quality and the profitability of the practice. The hours and days of work are flexible and can be completed via a mix of work completed on-site and from home. You will be assisted by our experienced administration and nursing team and work closely with our energetic practice principal.
- Intelligent and energetic with impeccable integrity and outstanding productivity and work ethic.
- Uncompromising on safety, efficiency, staff performance and the provision of quality care.
- A natural problem solver you proactively identify problems, find, test and implement solutuons.
- A natural people manager, you are warm and engaging. Co-workers enjoy your company and love to work both with you and for you.
- A demonstrated passion for the business of delivering quality health care.
- A clear understanding of the accreditation frame work for general practice and experience implementing and maintaining the systems required to exceed these minimum standards.
- A strong understanding of the business of general practice including costs and sources of income and their relative values. Xero is your friend. Spreadsheets are your friend. Medicare is not necessarily your friend but you know how to negotiate its quirks and vagaries.
- Strong IT skills including an understanding of how developments in IT simultaneously pose threats and opportunities to general practices.
- A clear understanding of the differing business relationships between practices and their clinical staff, depending on their status as employees or independent contractors.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and you would relish the opportunity to re-imagine and grow our business. You can see unfilled market niches, opportunities for expansion and to form strategic partnerships. You can think big and then crunch the numbers to seperate the pipe dreams from solid business opportunities.
Description of Facilities
The Lorn Surgery is an established high quality, private billing general practice in the historic Maitland suburb of Lorn. We currently have 4FTE GPs (including 1.8FTE GP registrars), a psychologist, podiatrist, dietitian and onsite pathology. We employ a full time practice nurse, 2 permanent part-time administration staff and 2 casual receptionists. Our clinicians are a mix of employees and independent contractors. The practice has been recently renovated and refurbished.
Description of Benefits
15-20h per week. Pay and conditions negotiable based on the value you bring to the business.
The Lorn Surgery
Dr Craig Richards
15 Belmore Rd
Lorn, NSW, 2320